RISK-FREE 30-DAY RETURNS + LIFETIME GUARANTEE
Jewelry shopping can be intimidating. That’s why we started Ask Holden, our blog where we answer your FAQs, break down scary industry lingo, and guide you in finding the perfect piece of jewelry.
Here at Holden, we size all of our rings on the standard US and Canada sizing scale. This scale is unisex, and all of our rings fit true to size. Countries outside of the US and Canada use different ring size guides. We've included a universal ring size chart at the bottom of this post, which includes International and European ring sizes as well as millimeter to ring size conversions.
Unfortunately, there is no way to guess your size based on the average ring size for women, as sizes are quite specific. Unlike a t-shirt, where you may be able to fit into a medium or a large, your ring size needs to be exact in order for your ring to fit comfortably and more importantly, not fall off! There can even be a half size difference between the ring finger on your dominant hand and the ring finger on your non-dominant hand. In the United States, people tend to wear their wedding ring on their left hand, but it does vary culturally.
If your engagement ring fits well and you know its size, then your wedding ring will be the same size if you plan on wearing it on the same finger. In this case, you’re all set! If you don’t know your size, we’ve heard of a few DIY methods for finding your ring size at home floating around on the internet. We’ve heard of using a strip of paper to measure your finger size or wrapping a piece of string around the base of your finger. However, each of these methods measures ring sizes incorrectly and are not the most reliable.
That's why we offer our free ring size kit, the easiest way to accurately measure your finger and determine your correct size from the comfort of your own home! We've also included a ring size chart for women (well, it's actually unisex - ring size charts don't need to be gendered!) at the bottom of this article.Get Free Size Kit
Ring Size Kit Instructions
1. Push one end of the enclosed ring sizer through the buckle to create a loop.
2. Slide the ring sizer onto the finger on which you will wear the ring.
3. Grab the tail of the ring sizer and push the buckle tight.
4. If the ring sizer feels snug on your finger and there’s resistance when sliding it past your knuckle, then you’ve found the perfect fit! If the ring sizer slides past your knuckle without any resistance, then the size is too big.
5. To properly read your ring size, look at the arrow on the buckle. The line on the right edge of a number indicates a full size. The line on the left edge of a number indicates a half size.
If you have questions about resizing, check out our blog post about ring resizing.
Questions? Give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org or a ring (pun intended) at .